I know I mention her a lot on this blog (it’s only because I love her so much) but today’s post is (loosely) inspired by BooksandLala over on YouTube.
In 2017, Kayla did a closet unhaul challenge where she watched her old hauls from 2 years ago and forced herself to either read or unhaul all the books that came up.
I was one of the many people who loved her closet unhaul series, and so I’m adapting it for myself in 2018, I’ll fill you in on the plan:
- I went on to my Goodreads and sorted my Want To Read shelf by Date Added.
- I made a list of all the books that have been on my Want To Read shelf since 2016 or earlier.
- The goal is that, by the end of the year, I will only have books on my Want To Read shelf from 2017/18 and that these lingerers will either have been read or removed.
Since I’m a fairly minimalist person, I don’t have a huge pile of books on my Want To Read shelf, and even fewer that have been there since 2016. However, I do have a list of 16 books to get to, that I’m going to show you all now…
1. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
2. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
3. Wenjack by Joseph Boyden
4. A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James
5. All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
6. Under the Udala Trees by Chinelo Okparanta
7. The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
8. Nowhere Man by Aleksander Hemon
9. Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
10. The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan
11. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
12. The Love That Split The World by Emily Henry
13. Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins
14. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
15. The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
Your challenge, should you chose to accept it, is to look out for these books in my reviews and wrap-ups and to call me out if you don’t see them appearing! If they’re not read by 31 December 2018 they’re being released from my shelves back into the realm of Goodreads searches… a scary prospect for any novel!
What book have you been putting off for ages? Do you think you’re going to get to it this year? Let me know in the comments down below!